Below are a number of funding opportunities supporting pillars 2 – 4 research and quality improvement.
1) Campus Alberta Health Outcomes & Public Health Meeting Grant. Meeting grants are available to host pan-Alberta gatherings of stakeholders in HOPH thematic areas. Applications are due September 23, 2018 by 11:59pm.
2) University Hospital Foundation Medical Research Competition (UHFMRC). This competition funds innovative, translational research in the FoMD with clear linkage to clinical care of adults, up to $35K for one year. Registration by email is due Monday, September 24 by 4pm and applications are due before 4:00pm on Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
3) Maternal, Newborn, Child & Youth SCN Health Outcomes Improvement Fund II (HOIF II) Grant Competition. Proposals are invited for research and quality improvement to improve health and clinical care for mothers, infants, children and youth. Budget requests range from $50K to $375K over two to three years. Registration is due October 15, 2018 and applications are due December 17, 2018.
4) Novo Nordisk Alberta Diabetes Fund. Letters of intent are invited for projects that identify care gaps in diabetes and obesity and which develop and implement effective solutions for these gaps. There is an emphasis on quantitative data and real world evidence-based projects. Time frame for projects is 12-18 months with budget requests of $100K to $300K. LOI is due October 15, 2018.
5) Kaye Fund Competition. Letters of intent are invited for innovative research or quality improvement programs towards patient care that result in better care, services and support for patients. The objective of this competition is to benefit the University of Alberta Hospital and Kaye Edmonton Clinic. Budgets can range from $25K to $250K over up to 2 years. LOI is due November 5, 2018.
6) M.S.I. Foundation. Funding is available for early career investigators conducting pillars 3 and 4 research, for up to $100K over two years. LOI is due November 30, 2018.